Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Officially Registered: Disney Enchanted 10K

Today made it official: we registered for the Disney Princess 10K.  I've always wanted to do a Disney race.  Honestly, before last year, I thought that goal was far-fetched.  Enter Pepperdine Doctorate Program and the Learn Something New Challenge.  I completed my first 5K last fall, and was set to do the Nashville 1/2 marathon prior to an unforeseen surgery.

We did join the YMCA, and we have continued to run.  I'm excited to have a new challenge, a new motivation.  I'm even more excited to have not only my husband, but also my family on board!  I'm very much looking forward to our race weekend.

Tonight we started the Jim Galloway Run-Walk-Run training interval (he does the official training of  runDisney: he boosts an "injury free" program).  I thoroughly enjoyed the interval training!  I also used the MapMyRun App for the first time tonight.  I was delighted to finally figure out how far we are actually going (2 miles) and how fast (13 minute pace).  I was surprised we did a 13 minute pace, because we spent half of the time walking!  Again, the training program seems pretty great!
The evening workouts are actually our second workout of the day: we also do anywhere from 30-60 minutes on the elliptical machine in the morning.

The process of actually registering for the race was a little frightening!  We could only register one person at a time, so we were concerned it might sell out before we had our entire party registered.  We did manage to get everyone in, but it did sell out a little while later.


10K Race Map

I'm ready to get some new running gear: undergarments and running shoes are at the top of my list.  I also can't wait to see the merchandise in the Expo during race weekend!  





No comments:

Post a Comment