Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Training: Day 1

Walking down the stairs... pre run
6:00 am July 30, 2013
Consider this the "before" shot!

After run/walking our first 30 minutes

We used the app Couch to 5K as our interval trainer to start with

My husband helped me out with a post run weight training exercises


What I learned today:  I don't know how to properly stretch.  I need to seek the advice of more seasoned runners.  Today I am going to talk to my teacher-neighbor who is a workoutaholic.  Hopefully she can point me in the right direction with stretches.  My husband and I also talked about utilizing our WiiFit for workout stretches or maybe an additional cooldown (like wii tennis).  I like that the Wiifit monitors what your body is doing and provides you with feedback.  I want to also do more research online.

Other things that we need to know more about: nutrition, workout gear, stretches, a good 5K (sign up).

Our next workout will be cardio- back to the elliptical tomorrow and our next run will be on Thursday.
Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment